These two 14-story luxury condominium towers are located on a full block in the Historic Bankers Hill neighborhood just steps away from Balboa Park. 51 residential units, remodel and addition to existing retail and bank branch site.
Each home offers modern amenities, state-of-the-art communication and direct elevator service to a private entry foyer (with the exception of the seven ground level Townhomes which have separate courtyard entries. The 94 condominiums and town homes range in size from approximately 2,600 square feet to more than 4,500 square feet and each has multiple balconies
Resident amenities include controlled access; administrative offices for on-site management and 24-hour security; a large welcoming lobby space on the first floor; community meeting room; and a 2nd-story sun deck offers a 40’ lap pool, spa, and a furnished pool side lounge with outdoor barbecues, full indoor kitchen and community entertainment room. The two levels of secure below-grade parking include private storage spaces for each of the units.
Sustainable Design Features:
- The project is located within ¼ mile of city transportation, amenities, parks, museums
- Furnished covered bicycle storage
- Limited site disturbance and maximized reuse of existing bank
- Utilized covered parking to reduce heat island effect
- Designed with dominant windows for maximum natural ventilation and sun exposure, but protected from heat exposure. Balconies and overhangs were used as both aesthetic elements as well as assisting energy performance of the building by not allowing direct sunlight into the units.
- Utilized high efficient mechanical cooling tower, which is more energy efficient than individual units.
- Mitigation of contaminated soils